Meek Mill can finally put his 12-year-long criminal instance behind him.

Philadelphia rapper Meek Manufacturing plant pleaded guilty to misdemeanor gun charges Tuesday in a retrial from his 2007 example that left him battling the parole organization for over a decade. The case has finally concluded and all other charges were dropped. Meek will non spend any more than time in prison on those charges, according to 6ABC Philadelphia.

Testimony from the Dreams and Nightmares rapper's 2008 trial shows he admitted to having a gun, only denied ever pointing information technology at police like he was accused of. In July a Pennsylvania appeals courtroom threw out his original conviction and granted a retrial after removing the original judge off the case. Meek, born Robert Williams, and his legal team has over the years accused the black female person judge of having a personal vendetta against the rapper.

That same court too overturned his declared parole violations, one of which sent him back to prison house for 5 months dorsum in 2017. Since his release, Meek has become the face of criminal justice reform and worked to help parolees that find themselves unfairly trapped in the legal system.

Meek Factory teamed upwardly with Roc Nation before this year to create the REFORM alliance and as well recently dropped the #FreeMeek docuseries on Amazon which gave a behind the scenes expect into details of the instance.

On Tuesday Meek was greeted past a crowd of supporters exterior the courtroom where he took the stage to thank them for holding him downward through this lengthy process.

"I'm extremely grateful that my long legal battle is finally behind me and I appreciate that it has sparked a much-needed discussion about probation reform and the inequalities that exist inside our two Americas," Meek tweeted out after the hearing. "I have ever told the truth — that every bit a teenager, who saw many around me die from senseless gun violence, I carried a gun for protection. I take responsibleness for that and – in conjunction with my work on the @REFORM Alliance – I'll keep to use my platform to make communities safer and reform our criminal justice organisation."